<b>text</b> to visitors we need to enter
<b>text</b> in our WordPress Text editor. For posting code online, three characters (
&) need to be escaped. We can do that online tool, manually converting
< to < etc. or using easy to use Plugin. It also helps with syntax Highlighter where you need to escape markup before putting that code in WordPress Editor.
It escapes markup code inside
The plugin can also be used with any Syntax Highlighter where you need to escapes Markup inside
<tt>. Just put your code inside Text Mode of Editor and then either Save as Draft or Publish. Check you code now and it may have converted for online posting of code.
This plugin only come into effect when we save a post and it only affect those text written inside
For more information about this plugin and wordpress setting related to this plugin, please check here.
Related Plugin – Escaping Markup for Prism
- Download the plugin from WordPress Plugin Directory.
- Active the plugin
- Now, for new posts, code can be posted without escaping markup manually. Just save or publish to see change.
- Who should use this plugin ?
This plugin is written for escaping characters
(<, > and &)to html entities. This is required for posting any code online.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Escape HTML” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Escape HTML” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Just a refresh to tell everyone that it still works and works well. This will remove warning.
The change won’t affect at any working level. It is just Readme change to make things clearer.
- Added support for <code> and <tt> tags.
- ‘code’ and ‘tt’ can be used for inline code posting, whereas ‘pre’ can be used for block code posting.
- Text inside ‘pre’, ‘code’, ‘kbd’, ‘style’, ‘script’, ‘tt’ is not touched by WordPress for transformation. I have checked this in version 2.8 and newer.
- Development release