This WordPress plugin is free, and makes tagging your posts a snap. It’s a HUGE TIME-SAVER.
After it’s installed, you’ll see a checkbox labeled “Autopopulate Tags” just above the Publish or Update button on the post editing page in your website admin. Simply check the box, then either click “Save Draft”, “Publish” or “Update”.
The plugin will scan the title and content of your blog post and compare it to your entire list of keyword tags. If they are present in your content, they’ll be added to the post automatically. You may then either delete irrelevant tags, or add new ones, which will be part of the next scan you run.
- In the WordPress Admin panel, go to Plugins > Add New
- At the top of the page, click “Upload Plugin”
- Click “Choose File” select the “shift1_autotag_posts” zip file and then click “Install Now”
- Click to “Activate” the plugin
- Is there any setup required to configure the plugin once it’s installed?
No, it works as soon as you install it. Just look for the checkbox on the Post creation page.
- Will SHIFT1 be expanding on the capabilities of the auto tag plugin?
Yes, though some of these expansions may require the purchase of a professional version of the plugin.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Autotag Posts by SHIFT1” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial release.