The WP Latest Post Blogroll plugin improves the static blogroll by showing new and different links with each new post on your favorite sites. It fetches the most recent post title for each blog listed in the blogroll. The blogroll is then presented as a list of links to these latest blog posts. Instead of a static list of links to the blogroll sites, the links list appears differently with every blog post published.
WP Latest Post Blogroll updates your links list with the last post title for each link. With a dynamic blogroll your site will always be current with no more effort from you. All you have to do is install and activate the plugin. There are no options to fiddle with!
WP Latest Post Blogroll plugin is a simplified adaptation of Vladimir Prelovac’s Live Blogroll plugin.
- Upload the wp-latest-post-blogroll folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Create a few links in the blogroll and sort them into categories, if desired.
- See how your links change with each post published at your blogroll sites.
- Do all of the links have to point to blogs?
No. It is perfectly fine to have a mix of sites listed in your blogroll. Static sites will have the link name listed in the blogroll. Blogs with RSS feeds will have the title of the last post shown as the link name.
- What happens if the RSS feed for a site listed in a blogroll can’t be found or parsed for some reason?
The name of the blog or website will be shown in the blogroll instead of the title of the latest post.
- Can you still categorize the blogroll into meaningful categories?
Yes, the categories that you select for your links will be honored. Each category is listed with the appropriate links given underneath. Blogroll is the default category for links and you can change that to whatever name you like.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Latest Post Blogroll” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “WP Latest Post Blogroll” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Feature: Retrieves the last post titles for each blog listed in the blogroll.