WP Font Awesome Share Icons is a simple plugin that will help you put social sharing buttons on your site without writing any code, in a SEO friendly way.
- Google Plus
- W3C Validation Link
[W3C validation link will only be displayed when the user is logged in and is admin. If you do not know what this icon is for just ignore it.]
Filters for Devs (via add_filter)
- wpfai_array_filter (You can alter the social media array with this)
- wpfai_output_filter (You can alter the final output with this)
- Spanish thanks to Andrew of WebHostingHub
Please email to us any translations you may make and we will include it on the next release!
- Drag-n-drop ordering
- Easy enabling or disabling
- Square, Circle (round) or Simple icons.
- Multiple sizes out-of-the-box
- It will not re-load Font Awesome if it is already loaded and detected
- Many options about where to display the icons
- Option to open in new window, so users will not go away from your site
- Shortcode is included to enter on posts/pages etc
- PHP Function is included to enter it on your theme
Detailed description, screenshots and guide for WP Font Awesome Share Icons
- Upload the entire
wp-font-awesome-sharefolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- How can I include it via my theme files?
Use this: <?php echo wpfai_social(); ?>
You can also use an argument for customization. Please refer to http://www.hostivate.com/en/blog/wp-font-awesome-share-icons/
- What is the shortcode to inlude it on my posts?
Use this: [wpfai_social]
Attributes can be inserted for customization. Please refer to http://www.hostivate.com/en/blog/wp-font-awesome-share-icons/
- Is there a widget?
Not yet. You can use a plugin to enable shortcode on text widgets and then paste [wpfai_social] on one of them.
- Please use the support forum of the plugin on wordpress.org
Contributors & Developers
“WP Font Awesome Share Icons” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “WP Font Awesome Share Icons” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- [ Bug ] Fixed Twitter share url
- [ Bug ] Fixed PHP warnings
- [Feature] Added a counter setting to show share amount
- [Feature] Added Spanish translation
- [Feature] Added circle-thin to stack
- [ Bug ] Fixed trim bug
- [Feature] Added shortlink option
- [ Bug ] Fixed some urlencode bug
- [Feature] Added translation .po .mo files
- [Feature] Added Greek translation
- [Feature] Added plugin icon for the plugin installer
- [Feature] SpecificFeeds service was added
- [Feature] W3C Validation Link that is displayed only for the admins was added
- [Feature] Filters were added (look at the description
- [Feature] Upgraded to Font Awesome 4.2.0
- [ Bug ] Fixed some validation errors
- Various bug and w3c fixes
- Fix for some … stubborn themes
- [ Bug ] Fixed notices warnings
- [Feature] Added shortcut attributes
- [Feature] Added function argument
- [Feature] Open in new window option
- [Feature] Added Weibo icon for sharing
- [Feature] Added Renren icon for sharing
- [ Bug ] Fixed Tumblr sharing bug
- [ Bug ] Check if there are no styles enqueued
- [ Bug ] Fixed path
- Initial version.