A widget for displaying a list of subpage links. The list remains consistent regardless of where you are in the hierarchy.
Other features include:
- Widget displays only on pages with subpages or on subpages.
- List title is a link to the main page parent.
- You can specify the link text for the list title, or you can completely hide it.
- Sort subpages by Menu Order or Page Title.
- Specify the depth of pages shown (all in hierarchy, all in flat list, 1 level, 2 levels, etc.)
- Presentation utilizes minimal markup to allow for easy styling via your theme’s CSS.
- Upload the folder
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Configure the plugin via Appearance > Widgets.
- How should I use this widget?
Add this widget to the top of your sidebar. It will appear on pages that have subpages.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“WenderHost Subpages Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Bug Fix: In some instances,
get_parent_id()was returning an empty array even though we were several levels down in the heirarchy. This would result in no subpages showing up on a page. A ID is always empty”>little research provided this
wp_cache_delete( $id, 'posts' )to add to the top of
- Bug Fix: Added code to prevent widget from displaying on Search results pages.
- Bug Fix: Adjusted code to not echo any html when
Hide Titleis checked (previously an empty
<h3>was being echoed).
- Added option to completely hide widget title.
- Added an option for setting the depth of pages to display.
- Bug Fix:
$parentIDwas empty when viewing pages greater than 1 level below a top-level page.
- Completely re-wrote the plugin. The backend now uses the WordPress Widgets API.
- The frontend simply displays the entire widget between
$after_widget. The parent page displays between
$after_title. The subpages are listed inside a simple
<ul>. This allows for a clean presentation that you can control via CSS.
- Updated function names to prevent naming conflicts with other plugins.
- v 1.0 – May 23, 2007 – Original Release date.