Video Central allows you to import and present videos on your website from various sources such as Youtube, Vimeo or upload and host your own videos.
This plugin uses the code structure and philosophy found in popular plugins such as bbPress and BuddyPress making it very customizable, extendable and allowing the plugin to integrate well with any WordPress installation. The plugin gives you the ability to create a layout or theme easily.
- Bulk Video import from Vimeo and Youtube. You can import a single video, an entire user account, search results and/or playlists.
- Host your own videos
- Custom video player that is mobile friendly and works across different browsers
- Templating engine for easy customization
- Video Categories
- Video tags
- Video Descriptions
- Custom views for latest, featured and popular videos
- Ability to like videos
- Comment on videos
- Integration with the WordPress editor
- A host of shortcodes are provided for placing videos anywhere on the site.
- Custom page templates included
For more info, check me out on twitter and follow Twitter .
Github Link https://github.com/FrankM1/video-central
Officially Supported Themes
- Upload the
video-centralfolder to the
- Activate the Video Central plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Configure the plugin by going to the
Videomenu that appears in your admin menu
- Which video sources does this plugin support?
Youtube, Vimeo are supported. You can also upload and host your own mp4, webm and m4v files. We will be adding support for more providers soon.
Contributors & Developers
“Video Central for WordPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Bugfix: video player controls= 1.3.0 =
- Added new playlist manager
- WordPress 4.9 compatibility
- Removed deplicated get_screen_icon()
- Fixed self hosted video upload bug.
- Fixed Readmore button
- WordPress 4.7 compatibility
- Removed deplicated get_currentuserinfo()
- Metaboxes update
- Security fixes
- New – Create playlist
- New – Made Links in description clickable by default
- New – Duration meta field in video
- New – Integration with Visual Composer layout Builder
- Rebuilt video meta options
- Upgraded video player to video js 5
- New Youtube API endpoints – to v2
- New theme options
- Import videos as posts
- Improved settings panel with tabs
- Added post status function
- New: Tags are now displayed in single view
- Fixed Translation strings and added .po file
- Category widget dropdown fix
- Page template file filter
- Fullscreen button fix for the youtube player
- Responsive video fix
- Add embed code
- Player not working in firefox
- PHP 5.2 compatibility
- Increased import per page to 50 from 20
- Better and higher timeout for youtube api
- Vimeo Thumbnail import