Prevent users from logging into your WordPress installation for a certain timeframe or permanently. Works also great with the multisite user management area.
The locked users are easily manageable within the users overview page. The settings are within the user edit pages.
No user can lock himself. No user with a lower role can lock a higher user and administrators in a network can not lock super administrators.
If a user is locked, he is instantly logged out of any session until the lock expires or is removed.
No useless overhead, no ads. Just a tiny, but very effective plugin to keep your website secure.
- you do not want to delete a user, but you want to make sure he can not access the site (at least for a certain timeframe)
- an employee leaves your company and access should be removed, but you want to keep his user as an author in the system
- you want to punish a certain user which did bad things for a certain timeframe
- you want only few persons to have access to your WordPress site in order to minimize risk of incidents
- … or maybe some other use case
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Navigate to a users profile you want to lock (also possible in network admin) and adjust the settings accordingly.
Contributors & Developers
“Simple User Locking” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Simple User Locking” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Initial version