This is a very simple script.
Sometimes you need to hide some information for logged in users on your blog. There are couple of tools/plugins for WordPress to do this.
But what if you want to hide only a piece of the post or the page, not the whole page/post?
This plugin is for that.
On the plugins admin page, you can set the text what you want to show to the users whom not logged in. You have an option to turn on, or turn off the login / register link after your defined text. You can set the color of the border of the text also.
Features and Benefits:
- Hide only a piece of your page / post.
- You can set the border of the restricted section.
- You can set level of restrcition.
- You can set the text of the restricted area.
- You can set, do you want to show Login / Register link or not.
- Localization in .po/.mo files. (Hungarian localization included).
- Download the zip file.
- Unzip it into your wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Go to the Plugins page at Dashboard.
- Activate the Restricted Area plugin.
- Go to the Dashboard -> Settings -> Restricted Area
- Set yout options
- Add a [restrictedarea] … [/restrictedarea] shortcode to your post or page.
- Optionally you can set the level of the allowed users with a level option like this: [restrictedarea level=”6″] … [/restrictedarea]
- If you want to translate it, use PoEdit to translate.
You can read more, how Restricted Area works, at my blog:
I used WordPress 2.9.2 for developing this plugin, i don’t know, is it works with previous versions of it.
I tested it with these browsers under Windows XP Pro SP3 (32-bit):
- Firefox 3.6 rv.1.9.2,
- Google Chrome 220.127.116.115 (42898)
- Opera 10.10 Build 1893
- Safari 4.0.4 (531.21.10)
- Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702
Please write me if you have other configuration, and it works.
I translated it to Hungarian. If you translate it to other language(s), please send me the .mo/.po files, and i will add it to the package.
You can read more about this plugin, updates, users comments at http://vaso.sma.hu/blog/restricted-area-plugin-for-wordpress/
Thank You for use my plugin!
- What are user levels?
You can read more about the user levels at the WordPress pages:
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“RestrictedArea Plugin for WordPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?