Treat your visitors with live scores directly on your site. This plugin is an extension for SportsPress.
Define the structure of your sport and deliver real-time minutes to your visitors.
You can define periods that track minutes such as 1st & 2nd Half in Soccer and periods which do not track time (and even pause it) such as Timeouts (Basketball, Handball) or Penalties (after 120 minutes in soccer)
Currently Available Live Templates:
- Event List
- Event Blocks
- League Tables
- Live Results
- Front From to edit live results and status
- Scorers (Add players who scored)
- Live Event List
- Live Events Page where you can manage all live events
- Minutes Corrections
- Live Event Commentary – add comments on the event page so your visitors know what is happening on the field
- Custom Commentary Icons
- Front Commentary Form
- Live Notifications Integration
- Commentary Custom Colors
- Auto Start an Event
- Commentary Player (Add a player picture to the commentary)
Install this plugin from the WordPress Plugins page or:
- Upload live-scores-for-sportspress.zip from the ‘Plugins’ menu
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to SportsPress > Settings > Live and change the update frequency
Will there be other templates available?
Yes. I am working on enabling all event templates such as blocks.
Will templates from SportsPress PRO be available?
That is also under development and will be inside the PRO version.
Contributors & Developers
“Live Scores for SportsPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Live Scores for SportsPress” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
1.9.2 – 2022-04-17
- Security Fix
1.9.1 – 2021-08-17
- Fixes: Escaping output in admin pages for better security.
1.9.0 – 2021-08-16
- New: When adding a scorer performance, the minutes are now also being stored in box score.
- Fix: Live results would not add 0 to results if it was missing in event lists.
- Fix: Live results would not add 0 to results if it was missing in single event.
- Fix: All performances would be recorded as main one (example: goals) when showing summary. Now it’s using only main performance for such listing.
- Fix: Adding a performance should not change the order of players anymore through live scorers.
1.8.5 – 2021-05-11
- Fix: [Premium] Fixing commentary icons
- Fix: [Premium] Fixing twitter data links
1.8.4 – 2021-03-21
- Fix: Match results were updated always when adding any scorer performance. Only Primary performance (exp. Goals) will now update the result.
- Fix: [Premium] Adding scorer to commentary was adding it as goal for any performance. Now it uses the correct data.
1.8.3 – 2021-03-11
- Fix: Error when adding scorers where any performance was saved as goals.
- Update: Licensing Software
1.8.2 – 2021-03-11
- Fix: Error when adding scorers
1.8.1 – 2020-11-17
- Update: Scorers Form in admin area has a better styling for easier management.
- Update: Licensing software.
1.8.0 – 2020-01-11
- New: Performance (Goal, Own Goal) can be checked to be used for scorers (you can register own goals)
- New: Live Matches Page – Filter added so you can look at different dates as well.
- New: (Premium) Live Commentary – Adding Facebook and Twitter shares.
- New: (Premium) Live Commentary – Edited commentary is also updated on the front without page refresh.
- Fix: Live Events Widget – if a calendar is now selected, it won’t show.
- Update: Licensing Software updated.
1.7.1 – 2019-09-27
- Update: Translation files have been updated so all strings can be found in translation plugins and editors.
1.7.0 – 2019-08-07
- New: Live League Tables – enable them within Live settings.
- Fix: Error when a scorer does not have points. Points, if don’t exist, will default to 0.
- Update: Freemius to 2.3.0.
- PRO: Not loading all commentaries now.
- PRO: Commentaries can be edited.
- PRO: New Commentaries are retrived by latest update and by current date.
- Adding Scorers will also update the main results.
- New Filter for Events to show only the Today Events
- PRO: Added an option for Commentary Icons to connect with Player Performance (and update Box Score)
- Security Fix
- Added Scorespro live scores for Basketball, Volleyball and Hockey
- Added Option to Display Scorer Number
- Added Option to Display Scored Points instead of minutes
- Added Option to define scored Points when adding Scorer
- PRO: Added option to add Scorer info directly to Commentary (Admin)
- PRO: Added Player dropdown in Commentary Form on Front
- Added: Scorers – add players who scored with their minutes. Updates the box score automatically.
- Adding Live Part on an event in case you need more.
- PRO: Auto Start an Event.
- PRO: Players can be added to Commentary (picture).
- PRO: Updated notifications with local storage.
- Added: Minutes Correction if something was not recorded correctly before.
- PRO: Added Commentary Colors. For example, Goal commentary should stand out.
- Fixed: ScoresPro Free Soccer Feed
- Added: Live Matches Page under SportsPress Matches
- PRO: Added Live Notifications Integration
- Fixed: HTML error in Premium Commentary Form
- Fixed: Live Event Widget Columns Display
- Added: Live Event Widget choice for displaying the calendar title
- Added: Live Event List Widget.
- Fixed: Admin Live Parts are now working.
- Fixed: Admin Live Part Configuration URL for Add New and View All now link correctly
- Fixed: Live Results Form now starts only the first half. There was a bug where all halves started on the start of the event.
- Added Live Results Form on the Event Page to manage it from the front.
- PRO: Added Commentary Icons to Configuration Page with Colors
- PRO: If there are custom Commentary Icons, the Commentary Form will use them instead of the default ones
- PRO: Added Commentary Form on the Front
- Fixed Admin Live Form where all live parts were triggered od live start. Now it only triggers the first one.
- Fixed Live Status display where the paused periods were not displaying the message if they had it.
- Added Live Results as a block on Event Details
- Added Integration support
- Added Free Scorespro Live Scores – Soccer
- Added Event Blocks Live Template
- Added Live Parts Configurations on Live page
- Fixed escaping the commentary output
- Adding an option to replace the event list with a live event list on the event list page
- Fixed Bug – Live Commentary can now be excluded from the event page (PRO)
- Loading all only when SportsPress is active
- First initial push
- Code may vary and change by next updates