Limit Groups Per user plugin allows site admins to restrict the number of groups a user can create on a BuddyPress based Social network.
- Role based restrictions for BuddyPress group creation
- Restrict Maximum number of Groups Created by a user with a a specific role( Role based limit)
After Installation/Upgrade, Please visit Dashboard->settings->Limit Groups Per User and update settings.
For more info, please visit us at BuddyDev.com
The plugin is simple to install:
- Unzip It
limit-groups-per-userdirectory to your
- Go to the plugin management page and activate the plugin “Limit Groups Per User”, Activate the plugin sitewide if you want to use it sitewide.
- Enter the maximum no. of groups in Dashboard->Settings->BuddyPress->Settings(Or Network Admin->Settings->BuddyPress->Settings)
Otherwise, Use the Plugin browser, upload it and activate, you are done.
- How to Use
Go to Dashboard->Settings->BuddyPress->Settings, enter the maximum no. of groups a user can create. Click save. That’s it.
- It is not showing the error message to user
Since BuddyPress does not include the action “template_notices”
in directory pages, please edit your theme/groups/index.php and put it somewhere below the padder div
Contributors & Developers
“Limit BuddyPress Groups Per User” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Exclude settings for bbPress roles.
- Change the strategy for checking role based restricitons.
- Add settings to support role based limits.
- Not backward compatible. Please visit Dashboard->Settings->LImit Groups Per User to enable the restrictions.
- Minor changes
- Completely Rewritten
- Updated for BuddyPress 1.9+
- Please only upgrade if you are using BuddyPress 1.9 or above
- More fine tuned
- Create group button can be hidden now
- Updated for BuddyPress 1.5