This plugin creates a widget for displaying your LastFM Artists, and the number of plays per artist. Awesome right?
Options available: LastFM Username, Number of results
It’s easiest to install through the Plugin section of your dashboard. Just search “LastFM Top Artists” by alairock.
If you must do it manually:
1. Download and extract the plugin, then upload it to the
2. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Do I need a LastFM account?
Yes, you will need the username to link your top played artists.
- How do I get it to start working?
It’s automatic. You need a LastFM account, and you need to be using it. That’s it. If you have questions using LastFM, consult their support pages.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“LastFM Top Artists” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Skins. The lists are not stylized at all in it’s current form. This is coming really soon.
- If you have suggestions, please contact me, or submit the idea in the WordPress forum: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/lastfm-top-artists
- Created a static file that gets updated on a setting change or every 3 hours. This has taken the load time for the plugin from 1.2 seconds average load time to .0002 after initial page load or cache regeneration. (On my local machine of course)
- Updated to use the actual API, instead of just calling their RSS feeds.
- Cleaned up the logic for displaying the different types of lists.
- Updated version number
- Updated version to proper format x.x.x
- Now you can select between Top Artists, Top Albums, Top Tracks
- You can also select time frame. Last 12 months, Last 6 Months, Last 3 months, Last 7 days, Alltime. (1 month not possible due to lFM limitation)
- Initial Commit