This plugin creates a widget for displaying your LastFM Artists, and the number of plays per artist. Awesome right?
Options available: LastFM Username, Number of results
It’s easiest to install through the Plugin section of your dashboard. Just search “LastFM Top Artists” by alairock.
If you must do it manually:
1. Download and extract the plugin, then upload it to the
2. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Do I need a LastFM account?
Yes, you will need the username to link your top played artists.
- How do I get it to start working?
It’s automatic. You need a LastFM account, and you need to be using it. That’s it. If you have questions using LastFM, consult their support pages.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“LastFM Top Artists” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “LastFM Top Artists” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Skins. The lists are not stylized at all in it’s current form. This is coming really soon.
- If you have suggestions, please contact me, or submit the idea in the WordPress forum: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/lastfm-top-artists
- Created a static file that gets updated on a setting change or every 3 hours. This has taken the load time for the plugin from 1.2 seconds average load time to .0002 after initial page load or cache regeneration. (On my local machine of course)
- Updated to use the actual API, instead of just calling their RSS feeds.
- Cleaned up the logic for displaying the different types of lists.
- Updated version number
- Updated version to proper format x.x.x
- Now you can select between Top Artists, Top Albums, Top Tracks
- You can also select time frame. Last 12 months, Last 6 Months, Last 3 months, Last 7 days, Alltime. (1 month not possible due to lFM limitation)
- Initial Commit