Instant Translate Widget is my first attempt at a Word Press widget. It lives in the Widget menu, and uses jQuery and Google Translate to instantly translate text on my blog. It uses jQuery’s selector to determine what text you want to translate. For example, the selector I use is, “.post h2,.entry > *:not(pre), .translate”. Which translates all of my titles, and entry text and not any thing within PRE tags. This lets me keep my code in English, but translate the explanation.
- Extract the plugin using WinZip or similar program.
- Upload the folder, ‘Instant Translate’ in to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Click Appearance -> Widgets
- Move the Instant Translate Widget to your side bar.
- What languages are supported?
As many as Google Translate supports. Please see, http://code.google.com/apis/ajaxlanguage/documentation/#SupportedLanguages for more information.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“InstantTranslate Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Added text transition effect framework, and one effect fadeout/in.
Fixed bug in admin section.
- Initial release