This plugin places a comment form similar to Facebook, only displaying a single line textarea, which submits when the user presses “enter/return” on their keyboard.
- Single line textarea
- Auto expanding textarea
- AJAX submitted comments
- AJAX loaded comments
- Admin settings for additional styling
- Install the plugin via WordPress or download and upload the plugin to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- The Register link is not working?
Make sure that “Anyone can register” is checked in “Settings –> General”
- Where is the “url”, “email” field?
Users can add their “url” or “email” by clicking the “more” link next to the textarea.
- Doesn’t this prevent search engines from seeing comments?
At the moment it does, Google Ajax Crawling will be added in a later version.
- Does this work with Custom Post Types?
- Does this work on Pages?
- Does this support paging?
At the moment no, later versions might.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Inline Ajax Comments” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Enhancement: Comment area now toggles from 1 line to multi-line
- Enhancement: The following
htmltags are now allowed
<a href="" title="">,
- Enhancement: Added additional styling for post authors
- Enhancement: User name links to their website
- Enhancement: You can now share direct links to comments
- Enhancement: Added setting to keep comment box open
- Comments now work on Pages (not just posts)
- Adding a setting to keep the ‘more’ section open
- Removing dynamic functions for older PHP support
- Removing dead code
- Initial version