This plugin shows a message on your weblog when a visitor visits your site for the first time.
They can either click the message away, or push the button ‘Do not show this again’. After pushing the button, there will be added an entry to the database which
makes sure that the message won’t show up anymore to the visitor with that IP-address.
Everything is fully configurable via the WordPress backend.
Found a bug? Please report it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Installing this plugin is very easy. Just upload the plugin, and activate it.
To change the title, message and buttons, simple go to the WordPress backend, and go to First Visit Settings.
You can change aspects of this plugin up there.
- My message-box won’t shop up!
Did you activate the plugin, and did you configure it?
- The bar shows up, but there is no text in it!
Ah, then you have to setup the text first. Simple go to First Visit Settings in the WordPress backend, and set up the variables.
- I think I have found a bug!
Please email me the details of your bug, email them to email@example.com. Thanks!
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“First Visit Message” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed: Closed tag for popup_cookies.php, might fixed IEx problems.
- Removed: Stupid message when Cookies are selected.
- Added: Checking if url_close does exist.
- Fixed: Function url_close() fixed.
- Added: No more messing with themes! Popup will automaticly show up.
- Fixed: Another PHP error. sigh
- Removed: replacements for cURL (might be added in the future)
- Fixed: PHP error.
- Fixed: PHP error.
- Added: replacements for cURL
- Fixed: cURL error.
- Added: Cookie option (Visitors will be veriefied by cookie, not by IP)
- Added: Option to switch bitween DB/Cookie
- Update SVN, plugin now updateable via the WordPress Backend
- Update SVN
- Update WordPress Plugin URL. Please update.
- Initial Release