This Plugin allows to use an external image as Featured Image, this can be especially useful if you house your images in another location.
This Plugin is compatible with Nelio External Featured Image Metadata, so you can reuse your data in case you want to uninstall Nelio Plugin.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload and extract the plugin file to the
or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- This plugin doesn’t have configuration screen, you can view a metabox directly when you create or edit your posts or pages.
Contributors & Developers
“External URL Featured Image” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“External URL Featured Image” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “External URL Featured Image” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Tested up to WordPress 5.5
- Fix Readme file, test version 4.8.3
- Fix text domain for translation
- Initial release, stable version.